AN ART AUCTION WITH A DIFFERENCE – LEAH MERETE ROBB
What’s up for Auction?
Over the years, I have varied my approach to art-making quite dramatically, ranging from figure drawings to psychological portraiture, from film-making to political street art. The auction revisits my journey there, with works up for purchase going as far back as 1992. My earliest work shows an interest in still life and nature. During the late 90s to mid-00s, I took an interest in the human form as a subject in itself, followed by paintings with a more pronounced political or social concern. As this website demonstrates, my work has progressed further in this direction and I feel it is time to offer anyone who likes my work the chance to purchase earlier work in the form of an auction. Many drawings will also be offered on donation, so there will definitely be something that everyone can afford.
A little summary of what I’ve been up to in more recent years.
- Two large political paintings produced and exhibited outside the Danish Parliament. Notably, the subject matter regarding the plight of refugees and migrants has become very relevant since they were painted in April – May 2015.
- The painting of the official portrait of Danish artist, Otto Frello, which toured with his retrospective exhibition in 2014, before his death this year.
- A solo protest performance outside the ‘open’ Autumn Exhibition (KE), Copenhagen, as criticism of the way art is judged. Censor, Torben Sangild covered my protest in a follow-up article about the subjectivity of the censoring process.
- Trips to Texas as an invited speaker and artist at Trinity Institute Arts Conference 2011 & 2012.
- Painting a series of psychological portraits of people from the alternative community, Christiania, Copenhagen, 2008-09.
- And to not neglect the musical side; playing percussion for singer/songwriter, Alaudidae, 2015
These have been exciting projects which I look forward to sharing a little bit about before launching into the auction!
Some of the works will also be viewable on-line before the physical auction on 28th Nov. Check for updates on:
or here on leahrobb.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!